OptOut10 (Mozilla Firefox)
Look familiar? Here's how to get rid of that nasty Windows 10 advertisement on MSN in Mozilla Firefox:
- Install the Firefox UAControl extension.
- You shouldn't need the added UAControl Firefox toolbar button, so feel free to right-click it and click Remove from Toolbar.
- Triple-click the line of text below to select it, and press [Ctrl]+[C] to copy it to your clipboard.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10; WOW64; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/43.0
- Visit www.msn.com (or whatever site is giving you the blocking Windows 10 advertisement).
- Right-click a blank area on the page and click UAControl options for this site.
- Tick the Custom option.
- Press [Tab] and then [Ctrl]+[V] to paste the copied text into the Custom textbox.
- Click [OK] twice, and then refresh the MSN page. The Windows 10 ad should be gone.
- Repeat steps 3–8 for any other site that is exhibiting this behavior.
I hope this helps someone! Comments or suggestions? Feel free to leave them here