DPI Awareness Enabler
Figure 1: Screenshot
Figure 2: Effects
- Designed for Windows 8.1 and 10.
- Functions in Windows Vista or later.
- 32 MB RAM.
- This software is standalone, which means there is no installer or uninstaller. Click to run.
- Administrative priviledges once to install ComCtl32.ocx runtime component if not already present.
License and download:
This software is provided free of charge. By downloading and using this software, you agree that:
DpiAwarenessEnabler 1.0.3.zip (268 KB)
- You are allowed to make as many personal copies as you wish and install/use it on any computer you own or service.
- You will not redistribute or modify this software in any way. Making it available for download, selling copies or rebranding are strictly forbidden. To share this software with others, please use the URL of this page.
- You use this software at your own risk. While it has not been designed to cause any harm to your computer and is malware free, you are agreeing not to hold the author responsible if something bad happens.
September 27, 2015 (version 1.0.3)
- Fixed an inability to display current DPI on some systems.
- Fixed a big GDI handle leak.
- Improved detection of high-DPI programs.
- Improved high-DPI support for this program itself.
- Improved program loading speed and reduced computer startup performance impact.
- Improved the wording of the information panel.
- Improved Windows 10 notification support.
- Added the ability for the user to manually edit the compability options.
- Added [Delete] keyboard shortcut to the compatibility list.
- Changed name from "Windows 8 DPI Awareness Enabler" to "DPI Awareness Enabler".
January 16, 2013 (version 1.0.2)
- Added some additional ways to detect the pathname for protected processes. For example, this should allow the program to detect "dllhost.exe" when you open the blurry Properties dialog on a network adapter.
January 16, 2013 (version 1.0.1)
- Added the ability to install ComCtl32.ocx on systems that don't have it already installed.
January 14, 2013 (version 1.0.0)